Novels Consulting - Experience
Mark Novels, Director of Novels Consulting, has over 25 years’ experience in the education and skills policy environment. Much of this experience has been gained in senior roles held at the Qualifications and Curriculum Development Agency, the National Council for Vocational Qualifications, and City and Guilds.
Working with key stakeholders, Mark has helped shape vocational education and training policy to secure quality and coherence in the development of standards, qualifications and related areas.
- Managed the development and implementation of standards, qualifications and Apprenticeship frameworks, including approval and accreditation processes.
- Managed the recognition of awarding organisations and provided advice on their compliance with regulatory arrangements, including policy development.
- Led quality reviews and audits relating to the development and delivery of units and qualifications and developed recommendations to secure improvements to the qualifications system.
- Designed and piloted innovative strategies for planning and developing vocational qualifications to meet the needs of employers and individuals.
- Managed complex projects and programmes for reforming qualifications to meet skills needs and UK competitiveness.
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures for advising the Government on the eligibility of 14-19 qualifications for public funding.
- Contributed to the development of legislation that underpinned the establishment of key government agencies.
- Worked with the international community, providing advice and guidance on national qualification frameworks and vocational education and training policy.
For further information about his skills and experience, please take a look at Mark's CV.
Novels Consulting works closely with a number of highly experienced Associates. This provides us with a comprehensive range of skills, knowledge and experience allowing us to tailor our services to meet the specific needs and demands of our clients. It also enables us to manage larger and more complex projects, or projects that required different combinations of skill sets.